Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Shy Valentine

I decided to make Monsterboy a "boutiquish" outfit for Valentine's this year. Mostly, this decision stems from Little Girly being 3 (read: mean) and not wanting to wear anything except the Evil Princess Dress. There is also the fact that he is quite soon going to be too old for such outfits and I wanted to try my hand at large scale applique before it is too late for him. On top of all of that, it is hard to come up with a tame V-day outfit that doesn't require a campshirt (blech) so I figured I'd make him something over the top and thus far have had a BLAST making it.
You can't see it here but the hearts along the odd shaped pocket are all black and red mixed together. I had fun messing with my dec stitches, tensions and different threads for the bobbin and the needle.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Bobbi said...

That's cute! I'm interested in hearing about putting together the large scale applique (can't spell it but you'll get the idea) - was it your own design?

Rachael said...

It was! I'm so stinkin proud of myself. (Don't tell anybody...I'm trying to come off as modest.)